This post captures the questions put forward by participants of the 2018 Intensive Training Camp at the Weightlifting Academy of Tasmania, Hobart, 9-13 January. Answers to questions will be provided in Q&A sessions during the camp.
- What are the benefits of the sport?
- What is the best way to approach hand care?
- Are there best pre and post session nutrition strategies?
- What is the usefulness of the Deadlift for Olympic weightlifting?
- Are there any tactics or tips that an athlete could practice to overcome the mental self talk and fear that can happen as they’re making a lift. Sometimes it can happen to me during the pull and it throws me off?
- What is the best position of the arms/shoulders at the start of the jerk?
- What is optimal training volume and intensity for children/youth in Weightlifting?
- Stretching, mobility and accessory exercises, how much, how often?
- Relationship between front squat and back squat, is there optimal range? Example my front squat and back squat are the same. Does this indicate a problem?
- Are there tips, drills etc for efficient, close turnovers?
How does Sinclair system work?