This open club competition has no entry qualification and is therefore suitable for beginners and ungraded participants. The competition is also Round 4 of the Presidents Cup.
At The Weightlifting Academy of Tasmania
18 Knoll Street, Glenorchy, Tasmania
Members $30; Non-Members $45
Leo Isaac / Call: 0423 767 955 or Email: email@example.com
Anyone can enter this Weightlifting competition, you don't have to be a current member of Weightlifting Tasmania although the entry fee is less if you are.
If you are new to competition Weightlifting, here are some reasons why you should give it a go:
- You don't have to wear a regulation Weightlifting competition uniform (lifting costume). Entrants may wear a t-shirt and shorts, or tights even. The only rules with regard to dress are that elbows should be uncovered (unless you are wearing a tight-fitting body suit) for refereeing purposes, and shirts are tucked in rather than flapping about.
- You don't have to be of any specific standard, so long as you can lift the bar there is no issue to competing. It is normal and advisable for beginners to enter into competition as soon as they can demonstrate the basics of Weightlifting technique.
- You don't have to know the rules of competition, we'll teach you what you need to know on the day. This is how it normally occurs for anyone new to competition Weightlifting.
- You don't have to have Weightlifting shoes although it greatly helps if you do.
- If you would like some sessions prior to the competition for coaching of technique, this can be arranged.
For beginners, it is really about the fun of learning what competition Weightlifting is all about. You will also see some highly qualified lifters in action on that day.
What you do need to know
In competition Weightlifting, the bodyweight of the competitor is important and therefore entrants must 'weigh-in' and this takes place 2 hours before the start of the participant's competition session. There will likely be more than one session on the day of the competition as there is a maximum number of competitors in any one session. The actual times of sessions will be announced closer to the event but beginners will likely be in early session on the day and a provisional time table may look something like the following depending on number of competitors:
|Session 1||9:00-10:00||11:00||Times may change|
|Session 2||10:30-11:30||12:30||Times may change|
|Session 3||12:00-1:30||2:00||Times may change|
|Session 4||1:30-2:30||3:30||Times may change|
How to enter
If you fill out the form below, the organiser (Leo Isaac) will add you to the list of competitors for further contact regarding event information. However, you will only be officially entered upon receipt of the entry fee:
Members of Weightlifting Tasmania - $30
Non-members - $45
Click here to make payment (Different website)
If you are a member select - Presidents Cup Rnd 4 - 16 JUN 2018
If you are a non-member select - Non-Member Entry - Please Specify Competition In Special Instructions ($45.00)